Friday, February 10, 2006

Tonto


Asia One.
Get the knowledge



Slum Village - "I Don't Know" (mp3)
(purchase here)


Ok, it's the end of the week, so I concede to my own week's theme as I retreat behind the scenes... of my bedsheets.

I've been sick for a minute, so I'll stick with some PSAs for today.

My man dirtystylus (hit his link to the right) and I will be DJ'g in DC next weekend:

"The Happening"
@
R&B Coffee
1359 H Street NE
Washington, DC, 20002
on
Saturday, February 18
6:30pm (we go on at 11pm)
http://www.rnbcoffee.com/happening.php
$20 advance donation/$25 donation at door
**get tickets in advance, b/c this will sell out**

The money benefits three orgs: East DC Fund and Rocket Guild, who support neighborhood artists and art programs; and Advocates for Justice and Education, Inc., who empowers parents on public education issues.

Holla if you're in the neighborhood.

So, in prep, ds and I worked out a set last night. Mind you, breakers will be in attendance, so we dug out the classics... only to remember that there are so many cuts that also reference the classics! Thus, the danger of hiring nerd DJs. So, I leave you with a cut from the only SV album I dig out on occasion. Can you name all the samples? "I don't / know!"

Also, make sure to hit the links to stage right -- I've updated them, so there are a gang of new members to the sintalentos fam. We keep rollin' strong!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home