|photo by dirtystylus|
[updated August 2014]
Call Dan Nishimoto ("sintalentos") your “right-and-left-brain” DJ. Since moving to New York from Los Angeles in 2003, he has planned performing arts events, led school tours and balanced budgets for various cultural organizations. At the same time, he has been writing about music and DJ’g weddings, clubs, radio and the occasional fashion show. In his off time, he studies martial arts. These days he's a digital archivist at Condé Nast. And he still DJs
Here are some other vittles about him:
- His name is pronounced "Don." Long story, but ask him. He's happy to explain.
- His first turntable was his dad's... which he used as a step-stool when he was a baby.
- His second was a portable Fisher Price player for kids. Star Wars, Looney Tunes and Michael Jackson were his favorite records.
- These days he takes his music in all formats: LPs, tapes, CDs, MP3s...
- ...but he'll still dig in a rat-infested basement of cheap vinyl.
To see what he does: Doing (And Done).