Friday, December 23, 2005

'til the Midnight Hour


Not everyone could afford a cab ride home...



ザ・モージョ (The Mojo) - "クレイジー・ミッドナイト" ("Crazy Midnight") (mp3)
(purchase here)


Zooey Deschanel and Leon Redbone - "Baby, It's Cold Outside" (mp3)
(purchase here)


Not quite midnight madness, but a peculiar week indeed. A sigh of relief? It's only aggravation. And transit woes hardly hold a candle to those up in Capitol Hill.

Sittin' in the middle, we're stuck with an extension. Seems all we can say these days is, "At least it's not..." Now, more than ever, is a time to dial up the local congressperson instead of sittin' lovey...

Still feelin' discombobulated, I'll close out the week with the last of my finds from abroad. A whole series called Japanese Rockin' Psyche & Punk '65-'71 dropped just as I was leaving, all of which is phenomenal. The sound quality is crisp, though unsurprising because the tracks are tapped from Columbia Records' well. Not a lot I can tell you about The Mojo aside from being the backing band for another singer on this comp. The song is from their 1969 single and apparently it has been making some noise on the club circuit -- yes, Japanese hipsters love leather, too.

Oh, I almost forgot about the weekend! Cheers to everyone's day (hopefully, days) off... I'd leave you with Homer, Jethro and June Carter's og take on my favorite holiday tune... whose modern interpretation may actually translate to date rape... but all I have handy right now is the recent take from Elf with Zooey! So, it's ok! Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home