Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Sunday Kind of Love


Roll call



Sleepy Brown - "Sunday Morning" (mp3)
(purchase here)


One of my first lessons on the internets was a helpful reminder to give credit where credit is due. In other words, cite folks, throw your homies up on the link list, do a blog roll every once in while, etc. Admittedly, I'm a pretty bad friend and have been delinquent.

Instead of doing a rote roll call, I want to shout out both my facebook hoodlums/myspace groupies/craigslist freaks, as well as the random people/found objects that I'm lovin' (no Madonna 'doption) these days:
  • I left my heart in Calabasas, Korea: A friend recently reminded me that Koreans are the best. Even better than the Chinese and the Japanese, because those souls from Seoul exchange the best gifts. Then I reminded her of this and it was on like Donkey Kong (thanks Pat). Which has nothing to do with Mia and her awesome photography that is being displayed at the Transmissions Gallery, Berkeley, CA for the next couple months. Her "Reconstructive Art" is my favorite, because I have lazy eyes and they help focus my attention. Rich people, cop her isht.
  • I'm on my baked goods isht: Must I say it again, I said it before: move out the way when Joyce is comin' through the door. So, hos, sit down ~ there's a real baker in town.
  • Dallas Penn: Y'all know the name, D motherfuckin' P, ain't a damn thing changed... except for the better. He's knee deep in the truth and rising, so keep an eye on the kid.
  • My Hip-Hop Weekly: Spinal notes, nah right?
  • Jane Dark's Sugarhigh: This says it all. Even KRS should take a note.
  • The Departed: Not only was this a great primer for Boston, I learned loads about the Irish ("I'm Irish, I'm going to have to deal with something being wrong the rest of my life"), Catholics ("What did you confess to that opinionated pederast?"), marriage ("Marriage is an important part of getting ahead. It lets people know you're not a homo. A married guy seems more stable. People see the ring, they think 'at least somebody can stand the son of a bitch.' Ladies see the ring, they know immediately that you must have some cash, and your cock must work"), and homosexuals ("You fuckin' homos!").
  • Abnorml: My favorite emcee talks about nothing.
  • Why are you reading this?: Because I knew him before he used words like "assiduous" or spoke of "traif meats" on his "salivating lips." Water your friends and watch them grow (no 12-year old dick).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo Sintalentos, stop being an effin shut-in and come to First Staurday tonite. Plus I have a proposition for you (no Mark Foley). I'd like you to be the face of DallasPenn TV.

Let's politic...

free tickets to Wu-Tang x El Michaels Affair at B.B.KINGS

holler black

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home